Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Update on Scott and Kelly

Hello All,

Sorry it has taken me so long to write! There has been a lot going on. First, I would like to say happy New Year to everyone. I hope it is going well so far and we would like to wish you all the best for 2007!

The holidays were hard on us but we got through. Scott wanted me to thank everyone for their love and support during these hard times, as do I. I had tried to write this a couple times and things kept changing on us. In the beginning of the month we had heard that all of the guys would be back by April 6th so we were very excited! Then on the 10th I got an official message from my key volunteer, who is a wife of one of the guys in Scott's platoon that is in charge of informing all the wives about important messages from the Company Commander. She said that after the president's speech Scott's battalion was going to be extended 60-90 days. This was very hard for me to hear. For two days prior all I was able to talk about was the fact that he was so close to coming home! This was hard on all of us. It was about a week later that I finally talked to him, and at this point it was what we both really needed. Just talking to each other helped a great deal.

The next day out of the blue I get another call from my key volunteer, I was not expecting another call so soon. She told me she had another official message, the battalion, should be coming home in May. Their new flight window is the 17th - 22nd. I was so surprised and very very excited to hear this news. Christina (my key Volunteer) did say these dates are subject to change, but they wouldn't be spreading this kind of news if it wasn't almost definite. So this is wonderful news! Something to look forward to. I talked to Scott I guess it was like 4 days later, I was so happy to tell him I got the news and he was happy to hear that I knew because he didn't realize how official the new dates really were!

So 2007 has been a little bit of a roller coaster ride so far, but we are getting through. Scott sends all of his love. He can not wait to come home. He misses everyone and he said May will be here before we know it.

I would also like to thank everyone. Thoughts and prayers are what I think are helping us get through this and can not tell you all enough how much it means to me! If I didn't have the love and support of my family and friends I don't know where I would be so thanks

Again sorry it took so long to get this email out but as you can see there has been a lot going on! Hope all is well for you all!

Love Always,
Kelly and Scott

No comments: